24.4.11

KAELEN FARNCOMBE WAS INSPIRED BY CHASING TORNADOES


When Fashionista.com asked her how did tornado chasing inspire her collection? she said :
When we (her brother Travis, her other brother Matt, and her boyfriend Simon) really started to see some big storms, it was so interesting–the way the sky looks and the clouds turn into something so menacing so quickly. I came away with the most beautiful photographs–the colors were stunning. I was inspired by the weather–the colors, the momentous shift from calm to chaos that happens in a split second. I wanted to translate that into my collection, keeping the pieces clean and modern with an element of something gritty and surprising. I used a much lighter and more tonal color palette, which I find more interesting because it allows for a lot of mixing of textures, fabrics and prints without getting too distracting.























photo taken by Kaelen

No comments:

Post a Comment